Buscar este blog

lunes, 27 de junio de 2011

INTERVIEW WITH PERLA. By: Sandy Bailey (@SlashNPerlaFans) & Ernesto Rondon (@PerlaFansVzla)



Whats your full name?

Perla: Perla Teresa Ferrer Hudson   

Do you have a nickname? Do your family or friends call you different than Perla? And if so, why? 

Perla: Perlita It means “little pearl”. My mom and grandmother are also named Perla

Tell us a little about your family? Parents, siblings, etc... are you close to them? Is it like a typical latin family?   

Perla: My father died in 2000 and my mom and I are very close. She lives about 30 minutes away from me. My parents both had me at an older age, Dad was 49 Mom was 29 and my brothers are 8 and 9 years older. My brothers names are Boris Juan Antonio (we call him Tony) and Ivan Angel Pablo. Ivan is my brother that disappeared in 2001 and I found out he was murdered in 2006. His murderers haven’t been brought to justice. Since there is no body, its hard to get a case but I conducted a private investigation and handed the Los Angeles Police Department everything! Evidence, interviews, statements the works. They are now working on it and I hope something comes to light. I am a firm believer in karma and the people who did this will get theirs in this lifetime. One of the guys died in a motorcycle accident oddly enough on Ivans anniversary. It makes me very sad that my boys never got to meet their Grandfather or their Uncle, but I know they are watching over them closely. I tell London and Cash lots of stories about them and keep their memories alive in my home.

 What was your childhood like and where did you grow up?   

Perla: My childhood was very crazy! I grew up all over Los Angeles and Miami. My dad was a drug dealer. He eventually went to jail when I was 9 till about 15. I spent my teens visiting him in prison. It was very hard, but all I knew. My parents were Cuban immigrants that came seeking political asylum. They came with nothing and did what they did to survive. I don’t agree with what they did, but I don’t judge them.  He did go legit and had a painting company for a while. My mom divorced my father when I was 8 and went legit. She has an interpreting agency and is retiring next year.

What were you like at high school? I bet you were super popular, was there anything you wanted to become as an adult, as a career?

Perla: When I was there I was very popular. I got along with everyone, all clicks, and groups. I ditched a lot because I was very bored in school. For elementary and jr high I went to very good private schools until my mom couldn’t afford it. She put me in public school and I was bored because I had already learned everything and had seen so much of the world by then.

Did you enjoy school?

Perla: Yes, up until the boredom set in.

Would you tell us one of your most beloved memories of your teenage years? 

Perla: Boarding school in Ft Lauderdale Florida! Boating in the ocean on my friends boats, my brother Ivan driving me 2 hours from home to school when I got to go home and my fam was in Miami.

What was your favourite band/music as a teenager?

Perla: Madonna

What was the 1st concert you went to?

Perla: The village people with my cousin. I was around 7 or 8

What was your 1st job ever?

Perla: Modelling      

Was there any person that you think had the most influence on you and who you are.

Perla: There are more than 1

What would you say is your major achievement so far? The thing you've done that you're most proud of...

Perla: My major achievement is keeping my marriage stron and family together. In my world, this is not easy. The thing I am the most proud of are my two boys. I know it’s a cliché but I adore them…

I know people shouldn't regret anything but instead learn of everthing they've done... But, looking backwards is there anything you have done that you'd wish you hadn't done a certain way or on the contrary something you didn't do and wish you have done?

Perla: If I did anything differently, I wouldn’t have the knowledge and experience I have today. That would make me a different person. And Im happy and secure with who I am today. Only thing I wish I would have done was go to college. But then again, maybe that would have set me on another path. And I am 100% confident, I am walking the path the universe intended for me. I have a saying. Right before you come to this earth God, or whoever it is up there hands you a road map and says this is your path. But right before you are about to go they take it back, tear it into tiny shreds throw it down to earth and they tell you, “now go put your map back together”. And that is what our lives consist of. Somethings you know in your heart you are doing right, people you meet, family you have. Its as though you’ve done it or been there before. Its because of our own little maps we are putting together. I don’t believe in chance. I believe in destiny.

It seems you are very into political activism and social causes, like NOH8 campaign & Los Angeles Youth Center... That tell us a lot about your unselfish spirit of giving & how were you involved in this? Are there other social causes in the world you'd like to be more active on?

Perla: I don’t think anyone should dictate what another human being of age should do. We are all equal, and because you are a woman loving a woman, there is no reason you cant have the same rights I do to retirement, pensions, insurance, or recognizing your love for each other publically with marriage. I fight for all things that are not fair. I believe we need to care for the children of the world and each other. If we don’t bring up these children in a good way and care for them, what will happen to civilization? We all need to love and care for one another expecially children. Because they are helpless and are at the end of the day, our future. And animals. I love animals and I feel they are voiceless. They certainly cannot care for themselves in society and captivity and people are so cruel and thoughtless with them.

I'm venezuelan, and I can very much relate to Cubans because it seems Cuba history is repeating itself here in my country (sadly)... How do you feel about it, I mean, Cuba situation, do you keep yourself update about  what's going on there?  

Perla: I was born in the USA so I never experienced it first hand, but I can understand how Castros original intentions were aimed at the best for the people but it backfired. I think its horrible that the USA has continued this embargo after all these years. I have mixed feelings on all of this and politics. I don’t like to get into too much publically, Politics and religion that is. People have been fighting about this for centuries and I don’t want to be in the cross fire! I respect everyones beliefs and reasons. They just don’t have to be mine.

Enough talking about such serious matters. We know you're into electro music, David Guetta for example, Rock of course (GNR, Stones, SLASH!!!, etc) and latin music,  nowadays Latin music is getting really popular worldwide, Reggaeton, Bachata, Salsa, etc... Who are your favorite latin performers?

Perla: Wisin and yandel, chino y nacho, ivy queen, Luis Enrique


You have 2 gorgeous kids, London and Cash... Do you have any cool and funny anecdote about them, I mean their lives aren't like other kids lives you know, I'm sure their school friends don't go on tour around the world with their parents and a bunch of rockstars... any special memories?  



Perla: Oh god there are so many! My boys are so bright and talented! Well, London was conceived at Ronnie Woods house and Cash was named by Robert Evans. They are very funny. Im not naming names but when one poops he climbs on the bathroom counter, (after wiping) to turn around and look at his but in the mirror to make sure its clean! Last night the other wanted me to help him pick out his cloths for camp, (Hawaiian dress up day) and when I told him I thought he picked out his cloths with his nanny, specifically some shark print shorts, he replied, “no mom, I was only agreeing with her.” Too smart!      

What do you hate? I mean, is there anything that annoy you so much that could ruin your day?

Perla: Nothing can really ruin my day unless there is something wrong with Slash, Cash or London. That’s it. If the boys get hurt or sick, or Slash and I get in a tiff, those are the only things that bring me down.

Future plans... We know that your writing your Memoir which is extremely exciting!  What can u tell us about that? Is there anything else interesting ahead?  

Perla: Well, Ive touched the surface here regarding my childhood. Im just hoping to write a book that can inspire and make people think about their lives and the decisions they are forced to make every day. Ive had a pretty hectic life, and if I can overcome the obstacles Ive had before me, so can anyone. Im working on a 3 other things im not allowed to discuss right now but when I do, you guys will be the first to know. I should be able to tell you about one of them within a months time.

You have so many admirers, both women & men is there anything that you would like to say to your fans?

Perla: I haven’t done anything to have fans! I think of everyone as people ive touched in a way. I have 4 specific people that touched my life however I don’t say I am their fan. I feel a fan is someone that appreciates and loves something you’ve done with a talent. I have not done that yet! So Im greatly honored to just have so many people care about me and whatever it is that I do or have to say. You guys are all so wonderful and I try to be there for you whether its on twitter answering questions, or at Slashs shows or other public events. Im truly just happy to inspire and love and get love back from all of you.

From Ernesto & I, we would like to say that your an amazing person & that you are a true Inspiration to us & thousands of people out there! So we want to thank-you for being you.

Perla: Takes one to know one honey! Thank you guys for all the love and support!

Interview done by Ernesto Rondon (PERLAFANSVZLA) & Sandra Bailey (SlashnPerlaFans)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario